[AccessD] Good Deal on Microsoft Office XP 2003 Professional Edition

lawhonac lawhonac at hiwaay.net
Sun Aug 1 01:11:40 CDT 2004

I've run across a deal on "Microsoft Office XP 2003 Professional Edition"
(Upgrade Version) which some of you might find interesting.  Go to
Amazon.com's "Software Store" and you'll find the above product available
for a price of $269.99.  This may not be the best price available for the XP
Professional (upgrade version) of Office, but what makes this deal really
interesting is the following "Special Offer" which Amazon is attaching to
orders placed in the next day or so:

Special Offer: Receive a promotional certificate for $50 off a future
Amazon.com purchase when you spend $250 in our Electronics and Software
Stores. Offer valid through August 1, 2004. (Applies only to products sold
by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and
other sellers through the Amazon.com site.) Here's how.

At $269.99, "Office XP 2003 Professional Edition" tops the $250.00 threshold
by just under $20.00 - plus you can get free "SuperSaver" shipping because
the order total exceeds $25.00.  It must be a good deal, because I noticed
that this [upgrade version] of Office is currently at 45 on Amazon.com's
real time sales ranking.  (I was looking at the upgrade version of Office XP
Professional tonight at a CompUSA store.  CompUSA's store price was
$329.99.)

I have been considering the upgrade for quite some time, but this deal
clinches it.  (I just ordered my copy from Amazon.)  If interested, you'll
have to act fast - this offer expires today!

Alan C. Lawhon