[AccessD] A2K:CrossTab Question

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Mon Aug 2 20:34:05 CDT 2004

Hello all
Time for charts <sigh>
My Q has 2 parts

I have a table that records the dates of occurences - so far so good. The table name is tblOffences, the Field is called OffenceDate
(very original - I know:-)) Date /Time data format Date Format = dd/mm/yyyy
PART1
What I need is for the crosstab that is going to display my chart to break down all the
occurence dates into 'day' groups. IE show all the offences throughout the year that fall on a monday into the monday group, tuesday
occurences into the tuesday group etc.
I want that bit to be my row heading. The column heading is to be Periods 1 through to 6.This
is also captured with the Offence date.
EG Each record captures Offence date - 1/1/2004, Period1

PART2
Then I need a sum of 'em. EG over the whole year 100 occurences on Mondays, 200 on Tuesdays
120 on Wednesdays etc.

Of course I have dates that span the whole year, I just want to know what the syntax or procedure
is for putting a years worth of data into 1 of 7 groups (ie each dayo the week)

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Darren