[AccessD] A2K: Criterias in CrossTabs

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Aug 5 23:20:24 CDT 2004

Hello all
I have a crosstab working fine.
I have the criteria for this CrossTab typed directly (IE Hardcoded) into the Criteria portion of the
relevant column in the Query Design grid

If I replace that criteria with say Forms!frmCustomers!cmbCustomerID and then run the Crosstab
I get an error that says ...
The Microsoft Jet Database Engine does not recognise "Forms!frmCustomers!cmbCustomerID" as a valid field name or expression

The cross tab is fed by a query not a table - So I went to the underlying 'feeder query'...
and put in Forms!frmCustomers!cmbCustomerID into the 'feeder. Then ran the crosstab again...
Same result - same error message.
But if I run the 'feeder query' by itself using the Forms!frmCustomers!cmbCustomerID in the criteria portion of the grid - all is OK

Is it the case that Crosstabs can't handle changeable or form bound criterias?

Many thanks in advance

Darren