[AccessD] Copying Files - Brains In Friday Mode

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Fri Aug 13 03:28:32 CDT 2004

To all,

I am writing an application that used data from Psion handhelds, when the data is exported from the Psion I have the following four files in C:\Program Files\BQAudit\

D2114001.DAT
D2114001.LOG
L2114001.DAT
T2114001.LOG

The 001 in the filenames will change almost all the time, so I tried using the FileCopy statement to copy each file into C:\Program Files\BQAudit\BackupFiles\

FileCopy ScannedFilePath & "D2114???.dat", strBackupPath & "D2114???_" & strDateTime & ".dat"

But I get the error message bad file name or number
..Can’t for the life of me see how to do this automatically
.I know it’s so simple but brain has gone into Friday mode VERY early.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Paul Hartland

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: