[AccessD] [OT] Product Activation.

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Aug 19 16:58:03 CDT 2004

Well it's Friday morning here in PNG already:

Brand-new sealed software on the store shelf has product keys that are
already used, and have exceeded the maximum number of activations...

http://www.w00t-comic.net/20040809.html

The actual story behind the comic:
http://www.w00t-comic.net/index.html
(below the unrelated cartoon)
-----8<-----
...every single swinging copy of NAV2004 we had in stock had had its
product key poached and that I would have to send every single swinging
copy of NAV2004 we had in stock back to the supplier for replacements.
When I pointed out that this was kind of silly, as it was very, very
possible that the replacements would have also had their product keys
poached, the second real human being got very quiet for a minute.

"...yeah," she said, "now that you mention it..."
--
Stuart