[AccessD] Convert Access 97 to 2003 and SQL Server

Barbara Ryan BarbaraRyan at cox.net
Fri Aug 20 18:54:18 CDT 2004

I need to convert an Access 97 application (w/ front end and back end databases) to Access 2003.  I downloaded Microsoft's Conversion Toolkit to help with this process (which I have not yet started).

My client has also asked me to check into converting the application to SQL Server.  I believe that there are utilities to convert Access back end data to SQL Server.  Is this correct?  Will the front end database need to be modified as well to access SQL Server data?

Thanks,
Barb Ryan