[AccessD] ALTER TABLE in Access

Mark Whittinghill mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com
Tue Aug 24 13:18:49 CDT 2004

I have a table in Access where I want to increase field sizes of text
fields.  Here is my SQL:

ALTER TABLE MyTable ALTER COLUMN Field1 Text(255)

I want to do multiple fields but can't figure out the syntax to do it all in
one ALTER TABLE statement, so I have to run multiple commands like this:

ALTER TABLE MyTable ALTER COLUMN Field1 Text(255)
ALTER TABLE MyTable ALTER COLUMN Field2 Text(255)
etc..

Is there any way to do this under one ALTER TABLE statement?  It's not a big
deal, but I'd like to get this into one statement.

TIA

Mark Whittinghill
Symphony Information Services
763-391-7400