[AccessD] Two questions about datasheet forms

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sat Aug 28 05:28:19 CDT 2004

1. I built a datasheet form from a crosstab... And no simple crosstab
either, it's actually 28 crosstabs UNIONed. No problem insofar as I'm
dealing with the current data. The problem will emerge when the users
add new rows to the data source, which will result in additional columns
that won't be dealt with in the datasheet form. So the question is, can
I programmatically generate a datasheet form based on the underlying
query, and if so how so? Just to be clear, the queries will generate
columns from 1/1/2003 to as far as the users care to go. I need to
determine the number of columns in the current form, and if that differs
from the number of columns delivered by the underlying query, then
programmatically add enough columns to handle it gracefully.

2. Given such a form with, say, 50 columns, all of which represent
successive month-end-dates (i.e. 2/29/2004), how can I open the form and
move the cursor to the month corresponding to Now()?

If I can just get this to work the way I see it on the back of my
eyelids, the users are going to have spiritual orgasms :)

TIA,
Arthur