[AccessD] Coding for backing up deletes

Paul Rodgers Paul.Rogers at SummitMedia.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 02:46:28 CDT 2004

Yes, this isalmost exactly what I had in mind originally, though it has to
be said that SusanH's idea of adding a field has a lot in its favour.

I'd be very keen to see the code that manages this delayed deletion route
for you, if possible.

It seems to me to be something that everyone needs who has Users not under
the direct control. All the best
paul

-----Original Message-----
From: ranthony at wrsystems.com [mailto:ranthony at wrsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 5:00 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Coding for backing up deletes

Sorry to come in late on this one, but I've got an app that works in a very
similar manner.  The user can check a record as "completed" using a date
field and a checkbox.  A report can then be run showing "completed" items
ready for deletion.  A one-at-a-time or batch deletion can be run, which
removes those records from the main table to an "archive" table, which if
the need arises, can be used to restore the records to the main table.  It
also provides for reports to be run on the archived table for historical
program reviews, etc.