[AccessD] Naming Conventions

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Aug 4 15:06:50 CDT 2004

A good point, Susan. In my case, of course, the answer is ME. However, I
prefer a tack that says "abbreviations are unnecessary". For example,
when any update query hits more than one table, in my book it's called a
molecular object, comprised of two or more atomic objects. Any procedure
that hits more than one table (i.e. hit = update, delete or insert) is
by definition flawed; it ought instead to invoke as many other atomic
procedures as are required. These rules keep naming conventions simple,
and even better, follow the standard laws of procedural and object
programming. IMO.

A.