[AccessD] Naming Conventions

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 4 20:35:30 CDT 2004

I agree.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Susan Harkins
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 2:33 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Naming Conventions

  It's the ambiguous abbreviations that are crazy-making:  Dat (is that data
or date or a typo or something I haven't thought of?), Wk (is that week or
work or wok or someone's initials?), etc.  That's where it is up to the
company to determine the standards to make sure they're consistent.

======I totally agree. If the company wants them, make the developers use
them consistently -- but don't hand one over to me! :) Unless of course,
you're going to pay me to memorize them all before I even start.

You might as well just put me in the looney bin before I start. :)

Susan H.