[AccessD] References (again) - Access 97

Greg Smith GregSmith at starband.net
Fri Aug 6 09:28:21 CDT 2004

Gustav and Charlotte:

Thanks.  I was reading Charlotte's post yesterday and, thinking, well,
yea, DUH on me...when it occurred to me that I'd seen all of this before
or something similar...so I went to the archives and started searching on
'references' and found where you (Gustav) had written a note to search on
what you just now told me to search on (again...ha!).

I found exactly what I needed and it works!  See.  Old programmer memory
doesn't really die or get erased, it just bytes the dust occasionally...

I did notice that every time it recompiles the code (automatically thru
the autoexec), the app file size grows some.  And I can't tell it to
compact it afterwards because then it would fire the autoexec again and go
on forever.  Is this an issue or should I just live with it?  The file
size itself is not an issue, but it seems kind of ... umm ... messy to me
to keep growing like that.

Thanks again for all your help...

Greg Smith
gregsmith at starband.net