[AccessD] RE: Using classes - was Instant If Then Else

Paul Rodgers Paul.Rogers at SummitMedia.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 07:43:10 CDT 2004

Very impressive project. What an amazing fellow your CV shows, what an
amazing life. I looked for the recommended file, but the navigation links
were not responding.I'll try again after the weekend. All the best
paul

-----Original Message-----
From: John W. Colby [mailto:jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com]
Sent: 13 August 2004 12:32
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] RE: Using classes - was Instant If Then Else

Paul,

In fact the whole thing took two days (so far).  One to analyze the field
map table and figure out how I was going to attack this, and one to write
the two classes and get them playing together.  The nice part is that there
is another completely different export that has to occur - different field
map table, different data from our end.  However all I have to do is build
my query that pulls the data, place the field names from my query into the
column in that field map table for my field names, in the matching records,
then call exactly the same program.  Tell it how long the string should be
this time and the name of the new field map table and data query, and the
name / location to place the file.  The exact same code works exactly the
same for the next export.