[AccessD] Math problem??

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 18 08:36:49 CDT 2004

Jim, I don't think you can actually equate them, but it seems like the
original is based on the 1 to 100 scale, so 1 to 10 ought to be easier to
tweak than 1 to 5. That was my only thinking. But yes, 1 could equate to 0
to 10, 2 to 11 to 20, and so on.

It's early, only a few cups of coffee and math is NOT my area, but I don't
so how you can actually replace one with the other without including decimal
values -- 1 to 10 or 1 to 5 -- neither's going to work out to what you're
doing now -- but I would "think" that 1 to 10 would get you closer.

I've probably misunderstood the problem and misspoken, but I don't think you
can substitute either for what you're doing now. I would think you'd have to
revamp the system and simply "change over." If that's the case, than 1 to 5
is certainly easier unless you really need the graduated levels for more
precise evaluations.

Susan H.

How would I relate that to our current groupings?  Would 1 be any grade
below 60 (<=59)?  Or do you mean apply 1 for <10, 2 for <20, etc.?

I can run my samples through this scale if you could explain.

Thanks,

Jim DeMarco