[AccessD] Data copied to both tables????

Keith Williamson kwilliam at ashlandnet.com
Fri Aug 27 10:39:00 CDT 2004

Can someone please tell me why the code below adds data to BOTH the tblfax
table AND the (tempfax_& currentuser) table??????

I'm at wits end here.  All the fields being added to recordset "mytable2"
are from unbound fields in the open form.  The intent here is to copy an
empty table "tblfax" (which has no data), and call it "tempfax_" & current
user.....copy the forms data to this table...and use it for the data source
for a report.  For some reason...the data is being copied to both tables.  I
can't understand why.  Any ideas???

Dim db As Database
    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim mytable2 As Recordset
    Dim sqlstring As String
    Dim recSource As String

    Set db = CurrentDb

    DoCmd.CopyObject , "tempfax_" & CurrentUser, acTable, "tblfax"
    Set mytable2 = db.OpenRecordset("tempfax_" & CurrentUser)

    With mytable2
    .AddNew
        ![faxto] = [TempFaxTo]
        ![phonenum] = [tempphone]