[AccessD] Import XLS File, Add a Field Not in Spreadsheet

Nicholson, Karen cyx5 at cdc.gov
Thu Dec 16 08:19:42 CST 2004

I am importing named ranges from Excel Spreadsheets into Access and all
is well.  What I want to do is add a field while doing the import, a
status field.  Right now I have seven named ranges, one for new,
pending, existing, etc.  I am putting each into its own table, then
updating the status field to N, P, X, etc.  Then I have to pump all
these into a central table.  It would be nice if I could just directly
pump each spreadsheet into the final table instead of dancing around.

Any ideas?  Thanks.