[AccessD] OT: Filemaker field names

Mark Whittinghill mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com
Tue Dec 21 15:18:00 CST 2004

Hi all,

  We have a new client, and we need to import information from an existing
Filemaker database.  I am trying to export from Filemaker into a format that
Access can import from.  I have not been able to export field names.  I have
tried all formats and had no success.  I exported to .dbf, which is supposed
to include file names, but was unable to import into Access from the .dbf.
Is there something I'm missing, or will I just have to do a painstaking
comparison between Filemaker data and a text file so I can match fields?

Mark Whittinghill
Symphony Information Services
763-391-7400
mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com