[AccessD] Good laptop cheap

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Dec 9 08:14:43 CST 2004

Alan,

You are definitely too demanding.  Look at the prices for notebooks.  Sure
you can get a DELL, you can get it with Office installed.  But you pay a LOT
for the privilege.  I already own office, I purchased it separately.  I own
it and I can move it from system to system as I please.  If you get a
version installed on a laptop, it comes in that laptop's install / restore
disk which won't install on any other machine.  That's just plain silly.

Buy a good laptop, get the best price possible.  Buy Office, get the best
price possible.

Because you refused to buy a laptop without Office installed you missed out
on the best price for a laptop of that value I have EVER seen.  So go ahead,
drop an extra 350 dollars and get less of a laptop with Office on it from
Dell.

Not me!

In fact I became a Microsoft "partner" and bought the action pack for $300.
I get TEN LICENSES for Office, Windows XP, SQL Server 2000 and a TON of
other stuff.  Why in the world would I pay for a laptop with that stuff
installed?

http://folding.stanford.edu/