[AccessD] Multi-Instance Forms re-visited

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Dec 15 19:46:01 CST 2004

Need help?

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Francisco Tapia
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 5:47 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Multi-Instance Forms re-visited

This code works for displaying "one" form... but it does not give me a
tolorance to opening a 2nd Form... :(, the original code worked fine for
many forms... Ideas?

it could be the way that I'm calling it,  (such as

Dim MultiForms As clsMultiInstance

    If MultiForms Is Nothing Then
        Set MultiForms = New clsMultiInstance
    End If
    MultiForms.Add frm, frm.hWnd, OpenArgs

------------------------------
VERSION 1.0 CLASS
BEGIN
  MultiUse = -1  'True
END
Attribute VB_Name = "clsMultiInstance"
Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
Attribute VB_Creatable = False
Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = False
Attribute VB_Exposed = False
Option Compare Database
'Multi Instance Multiple Forms

Dim mForms As Collection
Private colForm As Access.Form
Private colhWnd As String
Private colOpenArgs As String
Public Property Let Form(frm As Access.Form)
    Set colForm = frm
End Property
Public Property Get Form() As Access.Form
    Set Form = colForm
End Property
Public Property Let hWnd(hWnd As String)
    colhWnd = hWnd
End Property
Public Property Get strhWnd() As String
    hWnd = colhWnd
End Property
Public Property Let OpenArgs(Args As String)
    colOpenArgs = Args
End Property
Public Property Get OpenArgs() As String
    OpenArgs = colOpenArgs
End Property

Sub Add(frm As Access.Form, hWnd As String, OpenArgs As String, Optional Key
As Variant) Dim x As clsMultiInstance
       Set x = New clsMultiInstance
       x.Form = frm
       x.hWnd = hWnd
       x.OpenArgs = OpenArgs
       x.Form.Visible = True

'On a 2nd call it errors out from here...
----> mForms.Add Item:=x, Key:=CStr(hWnd)

End Sub
Sub Remove(hWnd As String)
    'Purpose: Remove this instance from the collection.
    Dim obj As Object           'Object in Collection
    Dim blnRemove As Boolean    'Flag to remove it.

    'Check if this instance is in the collection.
    '   (It won't be if form was opened directly, or code was reset.)
    For Each obj In mForms
        If obj.hWnd = hWnd Then
            blnRemove = True
            Exit For
        End If
    Next
    'Deassign the object before removing from collection.
    Set obj = Nothing
    If blnRemove Then
        mForms.Remove CStr(hWnd)
    End If
End Sub
Function Count() As Integer
    mForms.Count
End Function
Function Item(index As Variant) As clsMultiInstance
   Set Item = mForms.Item(index)
End Function
Public Function Term()
    'Purpose: Close all instances in the collection.
    'Note: Leaves the copy opened directly from database window.
    Dim lngKt As Long
    Dim lngI As Long

    lngKt = mForms.Count
    For lngI = 1 To lngKt