[AccessD] A2003: Calling all Back End Updater Legends

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 06:05:05 CST 2004

Hi Guys
OK - I have no problem keeping it on list

I imported all the objects from the BEU I downloaded from DBA

Cool
In the BEU main screen I  started a 'new version'.
Just wanted to add a new field called XX to a table called tblTitles
Added the stuff to make it a Number field no decimal places etc etc
Then clicked on Accept
So now I have pending BE Updates - cool

I have the RUN CODE =beuDBAIsDBUpToDate() as the first line in the
Autoexec Macro
Close and reload the dB and I  expected to see the form frmDBAupgrading
flash up and perform the mod

So I went to tblTitles - no new field called XX
I went to the table tblDBAModifyDatabaseMods there is an entry in there
I went to the table tblDBAModifyDatabase there is an entry in there too

But the mods don't actually take place

I had a fellow lister at my place the other day and he was raving how good
the BEU was and
showed me how to use it on one of his dB's. No prob it all went well

So I imported all the necessary bits and bobs and he couldn't get it to work
on
my dB. We even imported HIS BEU objects from one of his dB's and we ran it
but
still no joy

So...

Where to from here??