[AccessD] A2003:Connect to a text file at a web address

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 17 17:11:27 CST 2004

On 17 Dec 2004 at 9:25, MartyConnelly wrote:

> You can also use this on Win2000 and higher
> This works for me using WinHttp when the site uses basic authentication:
> There are some other winhttp methods you can use to get around server
> proxies etc.
>
>         Dim objWinHttp as object
>         Dim strURL as string
>         Dim strHTML as string 'your returned file
>

>         strURL = "http://somesite.com"
>         Set objWinHttp = CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5")

You have to be a bit careful here and it's not redistributable because
there are different versiosn of WinHttp out there. Any of the following may
be required on W2K/XP systems  ...Request.5 ...Request.5.1 or Request.5.1.1
you need to look at the exact version number when you create the reference.

--
Stuart