[AccessD] Closing a form from a module procedure

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Dec 18 04:39:52 CST 2004

Hi Barbara

Further to Stuart's explanation, why are you deleting the form? Never
heard of that before within an application - why don't you just leave
it?

/gustav

>>> BarbaraRyan at cox.net 18-12-2004 02:37:36 >>>
Simply put, in an Access 97 application I have Form1 and Module1.  A
pushbutton on Form1 executes a procedure in Module1 which closes Form1
(DoCmd.Close acForm, "Form1", acSaveNo) and then deletes Form1
(DoCmd.DeleteObject acForm, "Form1").  However, the Close command does
not appear to be working --- I receive an error on the DeleteObject
command, saying that Form1 is still open.  Yet when I run the following
IsLoaded function after the Close command, it returns false (i.e., Form1
is NOT open).