[AccessD] A2003: 2 Questions -Splash Screen and JPG Importdialogue

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Dec 23 09:39:46 CST 2004

Hi William

OK, thanks. Maybe I should give those emfs a closer look.

/gustav

>>> dejpolsys at hotmail.com 23-12-2004 15:21:21 >>>
Gustav

..off the top of my head, bmps won't handle transparency ...as you
probably
know I tend to standardize and then stick with something until MS
breaks it
..so using emfs is just something I started doing a few years back
based on
some lebans code I was working with at the time ...I think MS fixed the

wmf/emf doubling in XP ...it used to load an entire copy of the image
in the
file header for some reason which effectively doubled the file size.

..once I get some time to play I'm going to look at distributing the MS
GDI
dll with my runtimes (all my clients use runtimes) which appears to
solve
all the various image format loading, sizing, and printing problems
without
the Office filters and without messing with the registry ...but then I
have
this 25 page list of things to do when I have the time :)

William Hindman