[AccessD] A2k Build Form from Table

dmcafee at pacbell.net dmcafee at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 27 14:11:28 CST 2004

Mark, as Rocky has mentioned, this will be hard if you set a max number of
possible buttons. I was going to do a similar task once using the
switchboard concept, only opening it up a bit to allow ten or twelve
choices, but I never had more than 5 minutes to spend on it

Basically have a dozen (or so) "picture buttons" on the form, all hidden.
Number them consecutively such as imj1, imj2...

Open a given recordset (at form load), which a column containing the name of
a function or sub to run. You can use the count to figure how many buttons
to unhide. The OnClick event of each button will have to figure out it own
name such as Right(Me.ActiveControl.Name,1). Now take that "button number"
and go to the given record in the recordset and call the column's function
using EVAL()

HTH
David McAfee