[AccessD] Relationship Issue

William Hindman dejpolsys at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:23:20 CST 2004

..ok ...maybe my thinking cap isn't on straight ...but I don't see how what
you describe can work ...from what you say you only have two tables and yet
you want to enforce referential integrity AND do cascade deletes ...setting
aside for the moment my long held animus for cascade deletes, I don't see
how you can have referential integrity in the first place, eh?

..in my little world I need a tblEmployees, a tblJobs, and a tblEmpJobs
that holds the FK for each job assigned and the FK for each employee it was
assigned to ...else I wind up with duplicate Jobs in the tblJobs and/or dupe
employees in tblEmployees ...assuming jobs are not unique to employees of
course but if so, then why separate tables at all.

..but like I said, its been a mind bending day and maybe I'm not quite
seeing the light as well as I should ...if so, I'm sure someone here will
point out the error of my ways.

William Hindman