[AccessD] Dealing with References across versions

Mackin, Christopher CMackin at quiznos.com
Thu Dec 30 09:56:35 CST 2004

Late binding simply means that when you open an Outlook Object (or any other Automation Object) your object variable is:

Dim objOtl as Object

Instead of Early Binding:
Dim otlApp as Outlook.Application

If you use early binding during development you gain the advantage of intellisense in working with the object model, then you can change it to late binding by re-dimming the objects and clearing the reference to Outlook.

THere's the brief version.

-Chris Mackin