[AccessD] Checkboxes/MultiSelect Listbox - What's Best?

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Mon Feb 16 15:56:20 CST 2004

I'm redesigning an existing database that is not fully normalized.  Here is an example where I'm not sure the best way to handle.  Current db has a field (Boolean) for each program:  AS, DI, MS, SS, LB, NU for example and the user checks the applicable box(es) that are related to their contract.

I was going to use a Multiselect Listbox and have it save a string value to the field Programs - but, I would  need the string value to be in a consistent order.

Another idea would be to save a record for each program in a Programs table.

Which is the best route to follow?  Any suggestions?

If you need more information, just let me know.  Thank you for your input.

Terri Jarus
Director, Contract Support Services
jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
314-542-1902