[AccessD] InputBox sizing...leading into yet another question...using a drop-down for reports

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Feb 19 10:55:15 CST 2004

Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the help though. I figured on
doing something like the form Lambert had suggested, but I hadn't
thought to use check boxes. But this does give me another idea though.

I originally had this issue because the users quickly outgrew my
reports menu--they said they wouldn't need more that a couple and I had
made room for five despite what they said.  Well they have come up with
a bunch that are very similar, but each has a different specialty--as a
bunch I am referring to them as 'Program Reports', since they each
feature a different program that the department runs.

Since I am doing a separate pop-up, I am thinking of using a drop-down
list with the report names in it--there may be around 12-15 or so of
these reports. Is there a way of creating a table or query listing
available reports, or more specifically, but less probable, certain
types of reports--I could flag them somehow--and have them pipe into a
drop-down. Or will I need to place these in myself, which I think I will
probably have to do?

Thanks again!

John

>>> prodevmg at yahoo.com 2/19/2004 11:19:53 AM >>>

Bottom line, the Input Box IS NOT sizable. You will have to create your
own custom dialog box as suggested.

John Clark <John.Clark at niagaracounty.com> wrote:Caution--Potential
'Dumb Question' warning!!!

I have placed an InputBox behind a command button, and it is a short
question:

'Opt = InputBox("eport or abels", "Report Choice")'

My problem is that this box is huge compared to the needed entry, and
would like to shorten it up, if possible. It isn't simply that it
looks
dumb, but you just know user will try to type more if there is room.
Is
there a way to control the size?

Thanks, John

Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us