[AccessD] Code Not Working in XP

Mon Feb 2 11:06:37 CST 2004

What is this code supposed to be doing? See my comment within it...

 strPath = " http://web.com/vr.asp?xml=orafin%2Stock=

   strFile = strPath & Me.StockNumber

'   This next line is feeding a URL for a web page to the Dir() function ???
'   Surely it always returns "" or errors out?

   If Dir(strFile) = "" Then

' The effect of the next line is to set strFile equal to what it was already
set to two lines of code earlier.

      strFile = strPath & Me.StockNumber

   End If

   Call fHandleFile(strFile, WIN_MAX)

So, as the If Then part of this code does not actually do anything, the
problem must be either in the fHandleFile routine or in you error handler
(if there is one). Have you tried stepping through the code so see what is
failing to run?

Also, if you use fHandleFile() as the function that it actually is, you'll
be able to see any error message it returns. e.g. MsgBox
fHandleFile(strFile, WIN_MAX)

Lambert