[AccessD] Re: Using Dates

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 4 09:09:07 CST 2004

Hi Robert

Again, I wonder which system, say accounting system, should generate a
date of year 1003. A user might, of course, type something like that,
but the application should have validation rules to determine which
date range is allowed to input. If not, any date can be input by
mistake, and you will have no chance later to determine what it
"should have been".
As for your data warehouse and such dates, a join between the date
field and your date table will rule out such entries as - for a
business application - no join will exist - which to me would be the
proper way to deal with it.

/gustav