[AccessD] RE: FAQ-BestPractices?

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Thu Feb 5 08:04:22 CST 2004

If the "powers that be" consider this as an appropriate time to begin
development of such a project, then as a catalyst, I offer my earlier
statement, and research skills.  I will be more than willing to help
research web-published code.  But in fairness to the eventual published
content (code), I shouldn't write it;)

To answer Andy's concerns, I honestly wasn't envisioning a database
(knowledgebase) approach to this project.  To keep it simple, thereby
promoting actual progress;) I would suggest an "FAQ" type approach.  A
simple list of frequently asked questions and dbAdvisors suggested
approach(es).  And realistically, we needn't re-invent the wheel on every
occasion. If Helen Feddema, Dev Ashish, Stephen Lebans, et. al. already have
an accepted method, than a simple link will suffice.

To recap, I think we need more than just a list of links to the established
FAQs.  I was thinking more along the lines of a "Best Practice" FAQ where we
research alternative solutions to a particular problem, and provide
dbAdvisors' "suggested approach".

And, as background, I am not qualified to make those types of decisions.  My
applications, to date, have not been subject to driving concerns such as
tight security, or heavy optimization.  I am way to deep into the school
of... "If it works, go with it".

Mark