[AccessD] Re: DatePart Question

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Thu Feb 5 08:19:20 CST 2004

Drew,

Actually you are way off.  ;-)  The data warehouses I deal with are multi
terrabyte.  Think about performing a function on 200 million rows, one row
at a time, versus joining to a table that has it done already.  Sorry guy,
but it is a no-brainer in warehousing.

Now, for creating a simplified interface for end users that want to do
queries and not learn VBA, it is also great.

Other than those two uses, it is a personal preference.  My preference is
to create the function to populate the data and not do date math.

Robert