AW: [AccessD] Something too hard for me...

Michael Brösdorf michael.broesdorf at web.de
Fri Feb 6 15:18:01 CST 2004

Hi Kostas,

here's something I'd try (not tested...):

Public function GetTotalPrice(lngNumberOfSpots as long) as currency

	Dim rst as new adodb.recordset

	rst.open "SELECT * FROM <yourtablehere ORDER BY CATEGORY", ...

	if not rst.eof then

		'Find first record with Category higher than lngNumberOfSpots
		rst.find "Category > " & lngNumberOfSpots

		'Found one?
		if not rst.eof
			'Yes

			GetTotalPrice=(rst!Category-lngNumberOfSpots)*rst!Price/rst!Category

			'Move one record back
			rst.move -1 'Not sure about the exact syntax here...

			GetTotalPrice=GetTotalPrice+curPriceL

		else
			'We'll have to think about that...

		endif

	endif
	close rst
	set rst=nothing

end function

I am sure there is potential for optimizing that, but it should get you
started. The example is based on an ADO-recordset.

HTH,

Michael