[AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what might happen (RANT)

bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au
Mon Feb 9 19:32:21 CST 2004

and by golly gosh. I'll be using a Linux housed, KDE based/mySQL BE to do
this work as soon as there is an equivalent IDE to Access.
I've tried Eclipse and Eiffel but dang it I just cant get the hang of
theese new fangled lenguages!  Looking at mono - not sure if its the best
or worst of both worlds.  Even got desparate enough to try running access
inside wine (hehehehe dribble dribble froth froth)

What!? The old saw is cutting wood just fine? Sharpen it now and then, and
it'll be good for years, you say?

<snip>

Which brings us back to a fundamental choice: keep trudging on the
Microsoft
treadmill, or get off. Both options have their plusses and drawbacks.

But at least Open Source will never force you to abandon software you like.

-Ken