[AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what might happen(RANT)

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Feb 10 02:00:57 CST 2004

Well my friends....
I noticed Ms is using a modified Jet more and more for OS management.

I'm guessing here but I think to know why MS would stop with Jet.
Because they are not gooing to put the database in to a filesystem, but
the filesystem in a database!
And thats gonna be jet.
Jet has proven to be so fast and performing, that the only option they
have to resolve the slowness of NTFS.
Think about it! Is this not more logical?
How do you manage a giant list of files in a fast way?

-Exchange server is proven for years now that Jet can be very fast and
good.
-DHCP Server
-DNS server (not sure)
-WINS server