[AccessD] Memo Locked - Apparently, but not that I can find!!!

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 08:29:10 CST 2004

Gustav,

> 1. Change the Refresh Interval - Down - Shorter refreshes would release
any held read locks sooner if the pages where no longer being used.
Especially on indexes.  Con: more network traffic and possible delays in the
user interface.

> 2. Change the Update Retry Interval - Up - Longer delay between retries
when a lock is encountered.

> 3. Change the Number of Update Retries - Up - Try more times before
popping an error

> 4. Changing the Recycle LVP page setting - This could go either way as it
goes to the pattern of usage by the app.  In some cases, recycling LVP's
could help, in others hurt.  I would try it both ways.

Jim