[AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what might happen(RANT)

bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au
Tue Feb 10 15:58:21 CST 2004

We used Rekall some time ago as an ETL interface for a PostgresQL db.  I
must admit I did not do the work myself. However the guy that got me the
data turned it around in a couple of hours (128Mb flat data formatted as we
requested) and I dont think he was a superguru.  After we massaged the data
(remove dups & inactive accounts, standardise NAD format, restructure into
a relationship between client/account) we returned them about 67Mb to
reload which he did while we were chatting about operational data quality -
about 30 min.  So in terms of doing things of that nature quickly it looked
good from a short distance.

I keep looking at Rekall, which I was introduced to by others in this
forum.

It was produced by the Kompany,

http://www.thekompany.com/products/rekall/

But has no gone mostly GPL,

http://www.totalrekall.co.uk/index.php
http://www.rekallrevealed.org/

Have you had any experience with this front end?

-Ken