[AccessD] Stumped on A97 Speed Problem

Gregg greggs at msn.com
Wed Feb 18 07:07:14 CST 2004

I have an A97 BE with multiple A97 FE on a Win 2K server.  The Workstations
are on 2K as well.  When I open the first user's FE, it takes 5 seconds.
When I open the second user's FE it takes 20 seconds.  It doesn't matter
which workstation is second... its always 20 seconds.

The time difference seems to lie in a section of code on my main form that
does 7 lookups and makes tabs and other controls visible or invisible
depending on that user's parameters the employee table.  I can optimize the
code and reduce the time considerably but I am wondering why this is so...
and what performance is it costing me in other areas of the program?

Also, I have used the same technique at another customer that I have not
tested as thoroughly but uses Citrix.  Their database takes about 80 seconds
to over the network but only 12 second on Citrix.  Is there some file
locking going on that shouldn't be?  What's the deal?

Gregg