[AccessD] OT - file search results save - Thanks solved

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Feb 19 18:31:41 CST 2004

ROTFL!  Sorry, completely forgot about that!  I normalized the path
structure that way, because it was much smaller to represent everything with
it's own ID.

Put the following function into that db...

Function GetFullPath(intRootID As Long, strDriveLetter As String,
strCurrentFolder As String) As String
Dim rs As Recordset
Dim intRoot As Long
Dim strPath As String
Dim strSQL As String
Dim strFolderName As String
intRoot = intRootID
If intRoot = 0 Then
    strFolderName = ""
Else
    strFolderName = strCurrentFolder & "\"
End If
Do Until intRoot = 0
    strSQL = "SELECT FolderName, RootFolder FROM tblFolders WHERE
FolderKey=" & intRoot
    Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
    intRoot = rs.Fields(1).Value
    If intRoot = 0 Then Exit Do
    strPath = strPath & rs.Fields(0).Value & "\"
    rs.Close
Loop
GetFullPath = strDriveLetter & ":\" & strFolderName & strPath
End Function

Then use this query...the last field will be the full path of the file.

SELECT tblFiles.FileName, tblFiles.FileSize,
GetFullPath([tblFolders].[RootFolder],[DriveLetter],[FolderName]) AS Path
FROM tblFiles INNER JOIN (tblFolders INNER JOIN tblDriveHeader ON
tblFolders.DriveKey = tblDriveHeader.DriveKey) ON tblFiles.RootFolder =
tblFolders.FolderKey;

Drew