[AccessD] OT:Batch file Question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Feb 26 20:36:46 CST 2004

On 27 Feb 2004 at 13:00, Darren DICK wrote:

> Hello all
> WAY OT but...
> I need a batch file to pause for 'n' seconds
> Of course the 'pause' command stops a batch file until a key is pressed,
> but is there something like "pause, 3" where 3 is the delay to pause, in seconds
>
> Sorry for the OT post
>
> If anyone is able to reply can they do it OFF LIST please to d.dick at uws.edu.au

Not  completely OT, so I'm replying on list since it's also a useful
technique within a VBA Shell command.

You can do it using CHOICE:

CHOICE /T:N,3 >Null
will wait for 3 seconds and then continue.

It actually puts up a Y/N prompt and waits 3 seconds before defaulting to
N. But since you are sending the output to Null - nothing appears to
happen for the 3 seconds.

You can  create a batchfile containing one line
File - WAIT.BAT
@CHOICE /T:n,%1% > Null

Then to wait for 5 seconds, just use  WAIT 5 or CALL WAIT 5

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd