[AccessD] BE UPGRADER

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Fri Feb 27 09:50:31 CST 2004

To answer your question, all you need to distrubute to the end user is
your FE. No need to send the BE, that is the whole purpose of the BEU.

It sounds like you missed the very first step of the whole process, and
that is to install the BEU components into your FE. Re-read page 2 and 3
of the instructions. It tells you how to install the BEU into your FE.

Once it's in your FE, then you can start using it to create the changes
in the BE.

Then once you have made all the changes you distribute the FE, with the
BEU code in it, to your user. The first time they run the new FE, the
BEU code will run and update the BE.

If this doesn't make sense, ask and I'll try and be clearer.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> deanellis at iprimus.com.au 27-Feb-04 10:24:43 AM >>>
Hi all,

I'm at the stage where I need to send out and updated version of my BE
DB.
Darren put me onto the BE Updater and I've been working through how to
use
it and have found myself lost with the instructions. I created a backup
of
the BE and began using this for development. I created some new tables
and
added them to the BE Upgrader. What I don't understand is how do these
new
tables get to the users BE DB? Where do I have to put the tables? Do I
send
the BE along with teh FE to the user and if so how can it be looking
for a
second BE with the same name in a diferent file path?

I'm afraid the instructions that I have are not real clear on the
steps
needed to finish the task at hand and that's add some tables to the
users BE
 any help would e great.