[AccessD] Populate a form with a list of streets

Bob Gajewski rbgajewski at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 10 17:06:01 CST 2004

Dear List:

I have an A2K database that has two tables:

	tblCardex
		PK	CardexID		Autonumber
			CardexHouseNumber	Long
		FK	CardexStreetID	Long

	tblStreets
		PK	StreetID		Autonumber
			StreetName		Text

The Cardex is a list of addresses, using an index of STREETNAME, HOUSENUMBER
as the default sort.

I want to allow users to automatically advance to the first record (lowest
house number) for any desired street (name). Right now, I have a command
button that they can click to popup a modal form listing all of the streets
(in alphabetical order) with the record number of the first (lowest) house
number; after closing the form, they navigate using the F5 function to input
the record number. Not only is this cheap and sloppy, addresses get added
quite often and the record numbers keep changing. Should I be using a
combobox of the streets to perform this navigation? If so, a push in right
CBF direction would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Bob Gajewski

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net