[AccessD] Change printer

Joseph O'Connell joconnell at indy.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 10:23:29 CST 2004

Cross posted to Access-L and AccessD

I thought this was discussed recently, but I cannot find the solution in the
archives.

Win 2000
Access 2000

Is there an easy way to change the output device for a report?  An
application has several reports that are normally sent to a specific
printer.  Now the client wants the ability to selectively create a PDF using
Adobe Distiller and have the PDF sent as an attachment to an email message.
Because this procedure must be totally automated, having the print dialog
box popup is not a viable solution.

I know that this could be accomplished by having a second set of reports
that are already set to output to Distiller, but this would create a
maintenance problem to ensure that any changes made to a printed report are
also made to the Distiller report.  What I am looking for is code that can
change the destination to Distiller and then change it back to the original
destination after the PDF is created.

Does anyone have the code to to this?  Or can someone point me to the API
that can read and set the printer for a specific report?

Thanks.

Joe O'Connell