[AccessD] Error 3218 "Couldn't Update; Currently Locked"

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 06:25:36 CST 2004

Hi group,

We use A2K SP1 on a Novell network.
occasionally the users get the following error:
Error 3218 "Couldn't Update; Currently Locked"

I noticed that this occurs when a user tries to load
interface messages into the DB. The messages have
approx.
100-150 records. Total size of 12Kb.

I read on support.microsoft.com (KB302484) that this
has
to do with the number of record locks on the Novell
server. But this KB-Article is related to A97!

What's the deal with locking in A2k?

We 'enherited' this system and error handling, if any,
is
really buggy. So every time this occurs we get a
lot(!) of
db-pollution!!

My question: What can I do to prevent this from
happening?

TIA,

SD