[AccessD] An Easy Fix . . .

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Jan 20 09:39:23 CST 2004

I recently installed an app at a client's site.  For some reason, my
switchboard form triggered an error when the startup form tried to open it
on a user's PC.  I had never had this error before on any other PC.  For a
short story the fix was as follows:

On the switchboard form: comment out all code, compile, save, and exit
access.  Then reopen, uncomment all code, compile, and save.

After that the error went away, and the front end was reduced in size.

This particular switchboard form was originally created in A95, upgraded to
A97, is now in AXP, and had many revisions along the way.  My guess is that
somehow there was 'old code' attached to the form.  When the code was
commented out and the database compiled, the 'old code' was eliminated.  I
could watch the compile 'progress bar' and it took longer than usual after
the initial uncommenting.

This was certainly an easy fix.  Since I hadn't seen this before I thought I
would pass it along to this group.

Dan Waters

Quality Process Solutions