AW: [AccessD] Hiding Main Access Window

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Jan 2 17:26:38 CST 2004

He's not talking splash screen.  Paul, just an FYI, don't be surprised with
the replies to your post.  It's a common confusion with Access developers.
Many people hide the db window, which can be done from the tools menu,
however, to hide the Access window itself requires the ShowWindow API.  It's
not very difficult to do, because Application.hWndAccessWindow (I think) is
the method to retrieve the hWnd of the Access Application window....very
handy, let's you do all sorts of things to the Access Window if you want.

However, the reason for the confusion is that a lot of developers (and this
is NOT meant to be deragotory), develop specifically for Access, so there is
no need to remove the Access window, since it is the tool in which the
.mdb's are written for.  Ironically, hiding the Access window was the first
VBA code I ever messed with, because when I started in Access (back in 99),
I was using all macros, and procedures.  Worked great for what I needed.
But I was creating a db for completely computer illiterate personnel, so I
wanted as few things on the screen as possible, and there just was no way to
hide the Access Window through non-VBA methods.  (I even tried our companies
help desk, who immediately gave me instructions to hide the db
window......That night I figured out how to get the code on the Access Web
to work, and when I let the help desk know how to solve that particular
issue, I was told to never call them again...go figure...)

Drew