[AccessD] MDE to MDB

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Mon Jan 5 09:09:41 CST 2004

< I wasn't aware though that he
was planning to carry that further and write the second half.

But in any case, I was speaking about the VBA code, which no one has
bothered to do.>

I don't know if he has gone the step further or not either.

I was just pointing out the fact that at least SOME bits are
extractable from an MDE.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> jimdettman at earthlink.net 05-Jan-04 10:00:53 AM >>>
Bryan,

 <<Shamil, who I haven't seen on the list in a bit, was able to get
the
design elements of an MDE out for me.>>

  Yes, I know what your referring to.  With OLE automation, you can
read the
objects in a MDE file and enumerate all the properties, save that to a
file,
then use that to create new objects.  Depending on the application,
that may
get you quite a leg up on getting it back.  I wasn't aware though that