[AccessD] DESPERATE problem with indexes

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:11:20 CST 2004

Hello All,

I wanted to share what just happen...and maybe get some feedback as to why
it worked.

>In A97 I have a db giving the error "<Db name> isn't an index in this
>table. Look in the Indexes collection of the TableDef object to determine
>the valid index names. (Error 3015)"...I get the error when trying to open,
>link
>to ,import from ,compact or repair this db...

In doing some research, I saw it mentioned several times...that the reason
the REPAIR would not work...was that it tried to open the db before
repairing...the same with importing, linking, and TRANSFERDATABASE.  I tried
to create links and importing the data with just VBA...unsuccessfully.

Next I tried to edit the DATABASE field in the MSysObjects
table...(desperate)...thinking I could force the link...(unsuccessful)

At this point I had the corrupt BE on my local machine...and could not open,
create a link or anything to it...then I got a copy of the FE...which
already had the links defined for an old location...but same tables...used
the "Linked Table Manager"...and the links refreshed successfully...I was
able to use these links to import 100% of the data.

Is my assumption correct...the reason the table manager worked is because it
did not try to open the db before refreshing the links?

Also...is this a good idea...or just wishful thinking:  Before sending out a
self contained db...or even a FE/BE db...create a db with copies of the
empty tables and links to tables in the actual db(location doesn't matter as
long as you refresh the links and NOT recreate them)...this would make for
an easy recovery of a corrupt db.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Mark A. Matte