[AccessD] Looking for any data you can give me

Mark L. Breen subs1847 at solution-providers.ie
Tue Jan 13 14:54:32 CST 2004

Hello All,

Firstly, I have posted it to AccessD and OT because it is nearly not
database related, so if your filter gives you two copies of the email,
apologies in advance.

I am looking for some data with which to do some analysis in relation to the
80/20 rule.

What I would like to have is hundreds, but preferably thousands, and any qty
greater than that of real world data.

For example, a list of Orders, including product codes and preferably
prices, dates, sales person / Id,
Call outs for a service company including duration, reason for call out,
region, engineer assigned
List of incident records in an insurance company including causes, cost of
claim, age of claimant, geographical location of claimant / accident
Results of voting for election results, broken down by area and any other
categories available.

I am fully aware that usually when someone has such data it is confidential,
I do not need to know the source, I do not need to know what the actual
products are, I am only interested in them from an analytical perspective.
The reason I am asking for the small amount of backup data is so that I can
make some detailed analysis of what I am looking at.  Eg, not just order
size, but revenue versus order qty versus product regularity etc.  If you
have such data and wanted to just change the look tables to Product 1,
product 2, etc it would also be fine for me.

Needless to say, I will not show the data to anyone else at all, but I know
that certain data is private and thats that.  However, if you have anything
that you would not mind giving out, I would be grateful.

Alternatively, if you know of anywhere I can get a file of records like I am
referring to, it would be great also.

Thanks in advance for you time,

Mark Breen
Solution Providers