[AccessD] Grouping Query

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 16 05:16:58 CST 2004

Hi Tim

You can get pretty close:

<SQL>

  TRANSFORM
    Sum(CountOfPaid)
  SELECT
    PaymentTerms
  FROM
    tblPayments
  GROUP BY
    PaymentTerms
  PIVOT
    "Paid" & Format(([DatePaid]\7)*7,"00") & "-" & Format((1+([DatePaid]\7))*7-1,"00");

</SQL>

This will return:

PaymentTerms  Paid00-06     Paid07-13     Paid14-20
COD                  16                          16
Net 10-EOM           28            21

If you need all columns, you'll have to create a select query which
returns all fields, then outer join this to the crosstab above.

Off the head I don't know how to turn "Paid00-06" into "Paid01-06".

/gustav